The Urubamba River runs from the high Andean ranges down through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, past Machupicchu and into the jungle. You will be rafting on the "Chuquichuana" section of the river. This section has class III and IV rapids with big standing waves and holes. It makes for an exciting day of rafting and amazing scenery.
Rafting in Chuquicahuana Itinerary:
We will leave Cusco at 8:30AM and reach the river where our professional River guides will provide you with all the proper rafting equipment such as a helmet, wet suit, spray jacket, paddle and self bailing raft. After a very important safety talk you will be running exiting classes II, III, & IV rapids. You will stop for lunch, where you will be served a delicious lunch surrounded by beautiful mountains. You will arrive back in Cusco around 5 PM.
Photos and videos are optional upon request.
- – Transport to the river and back
- – All the rafting equipment (helmet, life jacket, spray jacket, wet suit, paddles, raft)
- – Professional River guide
- – A safety kayak or catamaran
- – A barbeque-lunch, we can accommodate to a vegetarian diet upon request
- – Photos and videos upon request with an additional charge
You should bring:
- – A complete set of dry clothing
- – A pair of sandals or tennis shoes for the river, that will get wet
- – Sun block
- – A small towel
- – A bathing suit to wear under the wet suit
- – A good positive mental attitude
Note: No previous rafting experience is required, but a basic swimming ability is highly recommended.
Departures: Every day.