The location of Machupicchu, in the middle of the canyon of the Urubamba River, couldn't have been chosen better. You can clearly see that Machupicchu is a construction designed precisely to fit the landscape around it. This resulted in a beautiful sanctuary that is integrated in nature with great success. The natural topography was transformed in terraces with agricultural and urban aims which merge completely with their surroundings. Next to this, there are also at least two dozens of rocks which, as scale models, represent the surrounding topography.
Machupicchu Full Day Itinerary:
In order to give you enough time to enjoy the breathtaking scenery, we will pick you up from your hotel early in the morning to be able to take an early train. This journey to Aguas Calientes will take approximately 4 hours during which you can enjoy the stunning views of Peruvian landscapes. Once arrived in Aguas Calientes we will immediately take the bus up to the sanctuary of Machupicchu.
Upon arrival we offer you a first class guided tour to discover more about the site and life and culture of its inhabitants. This tour will take approximately 2 hours and a half during which you will receive headphones in order to be able to hear every word of the guide's explanation. After the guided tour, the guide will explain you what time you should go back in order to get your train to Cusco. You will have plenty of time to visit Machupicchu on your own after the tour.
When arriving by train in Cusco we will pick you up to bring you to your hotel.
- The train departures could change due to the high or low season, giving us more or less options for booking your train reservation.
- All practical information concerning your train departures will be confirmed at least 1 or 2 days before your departure during a briefing with your tour guide.
For this tour we have two different options, the difference between both options is the type of train you choose to get to Aguas Calientes.
The expedition train offers all the comfort you need with four passengers seats located in front of each other, racks placed above the seats, panoramic windows, air conditioning and heating, and Andean music that creates a cheerful atmosphere.
The Vistadome is the ideal train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machupicchu. Surrounded entirely by glass and wagons with large panoramic windows offering incomparable scenic views and innumerous opportunities to capture amazing pictures. The Vistadome also has air conditioning and heating, leather seats that adjust the body to provide comfort and relaxation during the entire trip. The Vistadome has a different service, which allows the visitor to be immersed and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients
- Transfer from the hotel to the start of the excursion and return
- Train ticket and return
- Bus ticket, from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu and back to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to the sanctuary of Machupicchu
- Professional guide in Spanish or English
- Entrance to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes
- Meals during the excursion
What do I need to bring?
- Small backpack.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like trekking trousers and trekking shoes.
- Rain poncho.
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and desinfecting alcohol and gel.
- Photo camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate.
- Original passport.
- Original ISIC student card.
- Extra money in soles.